What is it that brings you joy? When was the last time you felt really joyful and happy?
It’s not difficult to think about what makes you happy. We’re all different, so our lists will always vary, but I encourage you to think about what it is that truly lights your fire, makes you feel alive and brings a feeling of bliss.
The next step is simply to write a list of what brings you joy. Even thinking about these positive aspects of our lives can lift a blue mood. I personally believe that expressing our gratitude attractss more of the good things into our lives #lawofattraction101. It works for me!
Here are just a few things that bring me joy. I hope they inspire you to focus on what’s good in your own life.
- Watching the sunrise (and photographing it!)
- Laughing out loud
- Dressing up for a night out
- Going to a live show or play
- Taking a walk in nature
- Sunday drives in the country
- Making a new friend
- Playing with our dog
- Creating art
- Writing in my journal
- Practicing Gratitude
- Listening to music
- Being part of a strong, cohesive team
- Acknowledging my accomplishments
- Having a digital detox for a weekend
- Practising random acts of kindness
- Getting a good night’s sleep
- Being out in the warm sun during winter
- Listening to the sound of running water
- Enjoying the scent of beautiful fresh flowers
- Lighting a scented candle
- Taking a nap during the day
- Spending quality time with our family and friends
- Reflecting on beautiful memories
- Giving and receiving a hug
- Surrounding yourself with positive people who bring out your best
These are just a few of the things which make me happy. I’m sure there are plenty more things I could add to this list.
What brings you joy? Let me know in the comments below.
The Lovin’ Life Linky pops up each and every Thursday. I’m honoured to be a co-host!
Click on any of the links below to read more amazing stories about Lovin’ Life – because we all need to feel inspired and create our own happiness :).
The rest of the Lovin’ Life Linky team is: